Monday, January 14, 2013

Week one recap

Week one of training went great!!! I am assuming the first week is meant to be easy so I am not getting too cocky. I started out this last week testing out the treadmills at the gym by my house.

On Friday, I met up with my friend for a 3 mile run during my lunch break at work. I am glad that she wanted to go as I would probably not have gone if she didn't drag me. It had been so snowy the day before that schools were cancelled and it was cold. We got out there and completed the 3 miles we had planned and it wasn't so bad so next time I know just to suck it up.

On Saturday, I had a meeting with my MRTT group. Planned some awesome races including the Shamrock Shuffle 10k for my birthday (who is going to join me?). They are a great group of women and I was able to recruit another person into training for Robie with me. After the meeting we did 4 miles in a subdivision since we didn't want to get ran over by cars sliding on ice and the side walks looked gross with lots of ice!

This weekend was the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend. I am so jealous of all the people that got to run in that magical place! It makes me even more motivated to do the Tinker Bell Half in a year. Congrats to all the runners who participated in any race this weekend!!

Did you run a race this weekend? What made it magical? 


No comments:

Post a Comment