Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Reasons to keep training!

I just ran a half marathon last weekend therefore I am super excited to sign up for more races. I have a problem where I actually want to run most races, so picking only a few at a time is hard. In three weeks I have the Fit For Life Half Marathon. But a few days before that is the sign up date for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in Disneyland. I have been planning for this race for almost a year now. Even though I will sign up on July 9th, it is still forever away. I won't be running in the promised land until January so I have to find races to keep me busy until then.


I have the Dirty Dash the first half of August. This will be my first year doing the Dirty Dash and I couldn't be more excited. I have always wanted to do a mud race. Maybe this is because I didn't play in the mud enough as a child.


The Color Run is at the end of August. Last year my focus was: run and get some color. This year is to see if I can be the most colorful person ever. I am going to make the Blue Man group look normal. I am thinking I will make color angels (much like snow angels but with color instead of snow). This is a fun race that isn't timed so why not try to get as much color out of it as possible.


In September I have to get back to running without the assistance of mud or color. I'm doing the FitOne 9k. This race is formerly know as the Women's Fitness Celebration and this will be the first year that they offer a 9k in addition to the 5k. The 9k will start at the Old Penn and travel to the Boise Train Depot then end in Ann Morrison Park. It is going to be a beautiful course.


At the end of September is the Idaho Wine Run. It is an amazing awesome race. Perfect for any runner since they offer a marathon, half marathon, 10k and 5k! You run through beautiful wine country and enjoy wine tasting from many different wine vendors in the Snake River Valley. I ran the 5k last year and I'm looking forward to running the 10k this year.


Those are a few of my upcoming races. What races do you have on your calendar? Any in Boise? 

4 comments:

  1. all my upcoming runs are in Boise, first is the color run, then the fit one 9k then the city of trees half. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do the Idaho Wine Run with Sara Lee and myself. Final Kick Events is who puts it on and theei races are reasonably priced plus if you volunteer at a race you get a race entry to use at a future race. Awesome trade if you ask me!

      Delete
  2. From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

    Hello Justine,
    Just a quick email to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘ANYTIME’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access.) I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back...

    All the very best to you & your family for the rest of 2013 & beyond Justine. Look forward to hearing from you…

    (PS. Justine, should you follow back, I'll be mentioning you in my #FollowFriday #Shoutouts next week...)

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete
  3. From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

    Hello Justine,
    Just a quick email to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘ANYTIME’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access.) I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back...

    All the very best to you & your family for the rest of 2013 & beyond Justine. Look forward to hearing from you…

    (PS. Justine, should you follow back, I'll be mentioning you in my #FollowFriday #Shoutouts next week...)

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete