Monday, June 17, 2013

Adventures in Streaking

Today was day 22 of the Runner's World Run Streak. This is the longest streak I have ever had! It has been pretty easy to get out and just run a mile every day. I'm over half way through the streak. Some of my streak-ventures have been chasing a hot air balloon (unfortunately it didn't land where I was chasing it), tried out Sparkly Soul headbands (love them), and I went streaking through the quad at Boise State. With the running every day it has given me more opportunity to meet up with friends to run as well.  I am loving all my streak-ventures!

Balloon Chasing
Love this headband!
Streaking through the Quad
Yesterday was Father's Day! In honor of Father's Day I am going to talk about my awesome husband who is the Father of our two wonderful kids. My husband has been so great about my running especially during my running streak and half marathon training. He has made sure there is always time for me to get in my miles. Not only that but he helps me put the kids to bed then does around 8 miles every night. He is amazing and I'm proud of him.

There is five days until the See Jane Run Half Marathon and 5k!!! I'm so excited! There is still plenty of time to sign up! As an add bonus anyone who signs up before Thursday will have a portion of their race fee donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Boise. $25 if you sign up for the Half and $15 if you sign up for the 5k. Just use the code "ILOVELLS"when you sign up. The weather looks great for this weekend, the course is a great along the greenbelt, and the energy is going to be awesome! Come run with me!


Do you have any races coming up this weekend? Have you had any streak-ventures?

No comments:

Post a Comment