Thursday, June 6, 2013

Runs and Review

A couple days ago I got up early to meet a friend for a run. She only wanted to do 3 miles and I was planning to get 8 miles done so I got at the meeting place early enough to get one mile in (I was hoping for two miles but hey I had to push snooze once)! Upon arriving at the location I was pleased to see I had the whole place to myself. After my warm up I took off on my run. It is was still early so I had this amazing fog and the sun rising. I couldn't of asked for a better backdrop for my run plus it wasn't hot yet.

I finished up my 8 mile run with a little bit pathetic pace. It included my friend's warm up and cool down plus some random walking while we finished catching up before I took off on my run again. Overall not a great run but I got my miles in and I plan to do another 9 mile this Saturday to make up for this run. How do you get through a long run when all you want to do is walk? Do you complete the miles even if you have to crawl or do you suck it up and run to get them over with fast?

After my run I wanted to try the Zola Coconut Water that has been getting cold in the fridge for a few days.

I decided to make a smoothie with it so I dumped in a cup of Coconut Water, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, more spinach than Popeye would enjoy and some ice. Blend, blend, blend and drink, drink, drink. It was so good! I normally put unsweetened coconut in all my smoothies anyway so it's fair to say I like it but with the coconut water it helped make it super awesome. Like a healthy almond joy! My son calls this drink my "Hulk drink" since it is so green. I just smile and nod, it makes me happy that he thinks I am even some what connected to his favorite super hero.

My favorite of the bunch was the coconut with pulp. If I am going to have coconut water I want to see some coconut in it! It went great with a banana, lots of spinach, protein powder and ice. I need to start making all my smoothies with coconut water. 


I was a little afraid of the Acai juice. I typically don't like berry juices. I love berries but not in juice form. Since I went in a little afraid I was pleasantly surprised that is was good. I'm weird and dilute my juices when I drink them so drinking this straight was a strong. Next time I will dilute and it will be perfect for my taste. Check out Zola and all their products! 


What is your favorite coconut water? Have you ever tried coconut water?

This blog received no payment or other compensation for reviews of products or services.


No comments:

Post a Comment