Monday, July 15, 2013

June Recap, streak recap, and Vitacost review oh my!

Let's talk about June! June was a good month. I ran every single day of June as part of the run streak! As a result of running every single day, I was able to log 91.54 miles!!! More than kind of impressed with myself. If I would have added the miles up sooner I would have tried to get an extra 9 miles done to make it an even 100 but I did math too late. After 39 days the streak finally ended on July 4th.


My legs were thrilled to have a rest day but I am battling the feeling of feeling lazy. I took a rest day on the 5th, ran 7 miles on the 6th and on the 7th the thought of taking another rest day made me feel like I was not committed to running. Darn you running streak for making me feel guilty about the occasional rest day but I did just run a half on Saturday so I had to let them rest some before the race. Overall I loved the streak, you see some things and experience stuff you won't if you didn't run every day. I talked about some of my adventures here but I have more fun to add. I ran while watching a plane crop dust right across the street from where I was. They put on quite a show!


I got lost on a 12 mile run with my friend. We some how got separated from a group of 20 people but because we went the wrong way we saw humming birds, parent swans with baby swans, a deer with two baby deer,  giraffes peaking over the fence at the zoo and discovered a beautiful, zen like park.


I am the proud owner of the most spectacular sock tan lines in the world. I cheated on my Brooks Ghost one day to give them a break and almost twisted my ankles because of it. Word to the Wise: Don't stray from your Brooks or you will be sorry, the Brooks Gods will make your run suck!

I also had the opportunity to review some of Vitacost products. One reason I love Vitacost is because they sell everything! They sent me all this stuff awesome stuff.


My favorite was the Himalania Dark Chocolate Goji Berries. Seriously good!


My kids loved the Pure Organic fruit and veggies strips. Also I received Multi-Vitamin Gummies for kids. They loved them and ask about taking their vitamins every day. Most of the time they ask multiple times a day so we have to mark it on the calendar when they take it so they don't talk us into giving them more than they are suppose to have.


The Himalayan Pink Salt has become a new staple in my kitchen. I love it but my favorite part is that it is pink! I love pink! 

I love trying new foods out and with Vitacost they make it pretty easy because they carry so much variety!

I'm working on my race recap of the Fit For Life Half marathon that I ran this weekend! Look for it in the next day or so! 


No comments:

Post a Comment