Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 2 Recap

This week I had three training runs. I got all the distance completed that I was suppose to but with some walking. I have some kind of lame strain or pulled muscle in my leg that comes and go. I am trying to fix it by taking a day or two off and focusing on stretching.

Tuesday - I did 5 miles on the treadmill. Got to the gym, found a treadmill open and started off awesome. Started doing some speed work, leg started hurting and burned out early. Finished up doing some slow hill work.

Friday - This is normally my "run with a buddy day". My buddy was out of town so I did my training run by myself on the greenbelt. It was COLD out, so cold that my hair froze with actual ice on it! It blew my mind! I didn't know hair could freeze like that.

Saturday - Went to the gym, ready to run and get in a good long run. Well all the treadmills were full. Decided to do 20 minutes on the bike to pass the time. Decided to do interval training and really push my legs. After 20 minutes, I went and checked the treadmills. All full!! Back to the bike! By the time I got to the treadmill my legs were tired but I tried to run. The long run didn't happen but a three mile one did. My legs were tired and the pulled muscle was bugging me almost all day. I got out there and that is what is important I guess.

Next week I will start week 3 of training! I will celebrate my husband's 31st birthday hopefully with a night on the town and I have a 10k with my MRTT group.

What fun things do you have planned this week? 

1 comment: