Monday, January 7, 2013

Bring it On!

I have decided that I am going to run the 2013 Race to Robie Creek. I am so excited about this challenge! I have wanted to do this race for many years. On the day of the 2012 race I was very envious of all the runners but knew that I wasn't ready for such a big race. I will be ready for the race this year! The Race to Robie Creek is said to be the toughest half marathon in the Northwest. The reason why it is so tough is because the first 8 miles are uphill and the rest are straight down. The going down is suppose to be worse because your legs are jello from the going up. A friend ran it last year after only completing one 6 mile run. I saw her the day after the race and she could barely walk. I do not want that to happen to me so I will be training my butt off. The theme is always something fun and there is a huge party after. I can't wait to run it and review the race for you all on here! I start my 14 week training program tomorrow. I will be updating my progress on here and hopefully getting encouragement from you along the way. I welcome any training tips you have!



What fun or challenging races are you planning to do this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment