Wednesday, January 30, 2013

10k...Yay Me!

Today I did awesome!! I ran a 10k! This was my first ever 10k! I am pretty new to running. I have only been running for a year now. Judging by my name, Run Crazy Girl Run, you might think I am one of those super awesome runners that goes on 20 mile runs every weekend (wouldn't that be awesome). I am not! 10k was a huge deal for me but it is only the beginning as I have my first half marathon in April. The reason why I am Run Crazy Girl Run is because I have a problem of breaking out in song and dance while running. I don't mean like small dance moves or head bobs, I mean full on dance routines. I use to be a cheerleader so I have years worth of dances just waiting to performed at all random times.

Anyway back to my 10k! Yay 10k! I completed it today as part of my Mom's Run This Town Virtual Race. I love virtual races! The next one that I have scheduled is put on by Run With Jess check it out here!!

Stay tune for next week when I attempt to run 7 miles...will I survive or will I give up and refuse to move after 5 miles?

Do you have any milestones that you want to brag about? Do you know of any fun virtual races? 

1 comment: