Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Elf for Health and Weekend Recap

I signed up for Elf for Health a little late in the game so I started this ridiculously fun and motivating challenge in week 3. We are now in week 4 of the challenge. During my first week of participating I ate lots of veggies, scheduled work outs with a buddy, paid it forward, donated to a charity, and made sure I had lots of water. Loved the different daily challenges and have really enjoyed getting to know my Elf. This coming up week we are making healthy cookies (do they exist?), sneaking veggies into our favorite casseroles, sharing our favorite circuit workout with our elf and treating ourselves to a treat we have been craving. It isn't to late to sign up for Round 3 of Elf for Health. Click here for more info.


Over the weekend I was scheduled to run with a fellow MRTT member. She has been cancer free for one year and wanted to celebrate with a 13.1 run. I volunteered to run with her for part of it. I decided I would do 5 miles with her since my Elf (see above) was running a 5 mile race the same day. All the other people who were going to run with her had to cancel at the last minute so I was going to try to go as far as I could with her.

Mile 1 went great. We started with a nice warm up walk since we thought we would be running for the next many miles.

Mile 2 went a little different. Due to knee problems that have been bugging her for some time we ended up walking on and off.

Mile 3 we attempted to run and walk when we needed to.

Mile 4-8 running was just hurting her knee too bad so we did a fast pace walk to finish off the day. I loved the company but was a little bummed that I couldn't get the long run in that I had been wanting to do. Running with friends makes running multiple miles more fun.

I need to find someone in the area who is willing to run with me 4 or more miles to help keep me accountable and help push myself to great distance than the easy 3 miles around my house.

How do you push yourself to get out of just doing the normal amount of miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment