Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12 and other upcoming runs

Today is 12/12/12 How are you going to celebrate it? Run 12 miles,12k or 1.2 miles at 12:12?
I stole this nice graphic from Run with Jess

My husband was suppose to do a 12k but ended up doing nearly 10 miles. He did it on the 11th and finished after midnight so he counts it as 12/12/12. A little tidbit about my husband is that he loves to walk and hike. He walks between 5-8 miles every night. I say night because he is also an awesome dad and tucks the kids in to sleep and then heads out for his "me" time. Super proud of him :D Ok back to my running stuff! Hoping to run at least 1.2 miles today. I would love to do more but I have work today, kids to watch while my husband works and my husband has a meeting tonight so hopefully I get a fun. Don't worry if I don't get time to run then I will do 12 extra pushups or squats in honor of 12/12/12.



Another exciting run that I am really looking forward to is on Saturday. A woman in my MRTT running group is celebrating her one year cancer free anniversary! She is going to run 13.1 and wants friends to join her. We were suppose to celebrate last weekend but the weather turned on us and we rescheduled. I come from a long line of awesome women who have fought cancer, some more than once. My beautiful Mother has been cancer free for almost four years! I am happy to support any victory over cancer. 

Do you feel passionate about a cause? What fun runs do you have planned? 


No comments:

Post a Comment