Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Being Prepared

Normally I like to run in the mornings but since I started working earlier and the days are getting shorter, I try to get my runs in when I can. I get cold all the time! I was wearing four layers on top and two on bottom, two hats (not evening joking) and two very mismatched socks and I decided that it was a perfect time to go on a run. The first mile I was still freezing even with all the layers. I started to heat up. Finally I decided I had to lose some layers. Picture this, a woman running as she is trying to take off sweats without stopping completely and without taking off her shoes. I must have looked hilarious!! For the rest of my run I looked almost like a legit runner except for my super awesome, very loud, mismatched socks! It started snowing so I ended the run early but it was enjoyable! I still have 9 more miles to go until I complete my goal for the Frosty Fitness Challenge but with it being cold I will be lucky if I complete it this week. If I would have planned my outfit better and worn my running clothes instead of just what clothes that I thought were warm then I wouldn't have been stripping in the middle of the run so be prepared! With that being said I really need to go shopping for cold weather running clothes. Any suggestions or brands that keep you warm on your cold runs? 



No comments:

Post a Comment