Monday, March 25, 2013

Wait...It's possible to run without music?!?!?

Had a great week running! Was able to get a 5 mile run in on my lunch break at work however I forgot my headphones. I do not know the last time I even ran without a running buddy or headphones so it ended up being a fun experiment. I still prefer running with noise though I realize I don't need it. Sometimes it's nice to enjoy your surroundings.

The view from my 5 mile headphone-less run
Yesterday I completed my 5k for the Jelly Bean Virtual Race hosted by Run with Jess. Then I went on a hike to Table Rock with my husband and our friend. The weather was perfect and I needed to get some hills in even if it was just walking.

Jealous...you should be! My beautiful city!
Robie is just 25 days away! I am still on track with my training so I know I won't completely die during my first half marathon. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little  a lot nervous!

I just received this beautiful new FlipBelt in the mail. My first impression was that it looked well made with a great material used. I picked the seafoam-ish color on the website. However I should have paid attention to the color name. "Sky" isn't exactly seafoam. While I was bummed that the color wasn't what I wanted it was still cute.  I couldn't wait to try it out. My first test run was an easy 3 miles. It worked great, didn't move at all and held my iphone securely! Then I took it on my hike. Still worked great but when I got a phone call it seemed impossible to get my phone out before the call was sent to voicemail. That has to do with it being new to me though. I love the fact that people can't see the holes so despite the fact that it took me a few seconds to remember where they were located I wouldn't change the design. I can't wait to see how it holds up on longer runs!


What do you use to carry your phone and gels while you're running? 

No comments:

Post a Comment