Monday, March 11, 2013

7 day updated, MRTT, and hills oh my!!

The last seven days I participated in a cleanse. It basically involved lots of fruits and vegetables (easy), lots of water (easy), no grains (pretty easy), no dairy (hard), and no meat (hardest). I love meat! That was by far the hardest thing about the challenge. Oh and the headache for the first three days. Yep that sucked to and not having as much energy at the beginning. By the end of the challenge I was kind of bored of my food. What do I do to it to make it more exciting? I had a variety of meals throughout the seven days but clearly it wasn't enough. The sixth day I could not wait to eat normal again. My mind was racing with all the possibles of what my first meal after the cleanse would be. On the seventh day I was feeling good inside and out and seemed to have energy again. It got me thinking, I feel good but I don't like feeling so restricted on what I eat so how should I move forward? What things should I introduce back into my diet and what things should I only have in moderation? I will introduce meats for sure. I want to continuing staying away from grains, I actually tried to avoid them before the cleanse so it will not be much different than what I was doing, I think I will limit my dairy though. Indulge every now and then but for the most part avoid. What are your thoughts?


Saturday was my monthly group run and meeting with my MRTT chapter. It was a cold windy day. The meeting was short because it was so cold but I did win a race entry to BoGlow on April 6th. I am so excited about this black light and glow stick race! Tons of friends are signed up for this race and I can't wait to cheer on one of my friends run her very first 5k! At our group run we did a short 4 mile run but due to my crappy knee it wasn't a pleasant run.


My running buddy is finally back in town. My ankle and knee were feeling better. It was time to run some hills! It was a beautiful day Sunday morning so we ran part of the course for our hilly half marathon coming up in a month. ONE MONTH!!! I am freaking out! My first half marathon!! Anyway back to the hills, we did an easy 4 miles. The scenery was beautiful, the weather was perfect, friendly people every where, and challenging myself with hills. It rekindled my love with running!


What to you do to keep the spark with running alive? What would be the first thing you indulge in after a week long cleanse? 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Justine! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    Please note in your email: FLIPBELT
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the glow run sounds like to much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete