Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New Easter Traditions and Core Foods Review

Easter weekend was fantastic!! I attended the Shu's Easter Run and Egg Hunt. We had three different distances to choose from 2.5 miles, 4 miles and 8 miles. After the theme filled run we ended at Shu's Idaho Running for an Easter egg hunt. I was able to grab six eggs. I got some candy, a coupon for $3 off a hair cut, $10 gift card to a local children's store, $3 gift card to TCBY and my favorite prize of all a Adidas running hat! Super excited about that win! I couldn't wait to try it out. It is fantastic for keeping the sun out of my eyes and keeping my head cool with its climate-cooling abilities.
I left the kids at home for the Easter Run but that gave me the idea to create our own Easter run on Easter morning with my kids. The Easter bunny was gracious enough to leave a bunch of eggs for me to hide. I ran around the huge farm land we call our backyard and hide a bunch of eggs along the path that my daughter and I would run and the other half of the eggs on the trail that my son and husband would walk. The kids had a blast exercising and searching for eggs. The loop each kid took was about a mile. They both said it was their favorite thing we did that day. Definitely something we plan to repeat every year! 
Do you have any healthy Easter traditions? 

Recently I was given the opportunity to review Core Foods. I did not know much about this product was very excited to give it a go. I received three flavors: Raw Walnut Banana, Raw Almond Raisin, and Raw Cashew Cacao. Each bar is one full bowl of raw oatmeal!


I really enjoyed the banana walnut bar. It had a good flavor and enjoyable texture. I was a little nervous about the bar since all of the ones I received have raisins in them. I couldn't taste the raisin and couldn't even tell they were there. The Raw Walnut Banana was my favorite!



Since the bars have all natural ingredients they weren't overly sweet which I appreciate especially if I am eating it in the morning.


My husband took one on a hike. It was a re-energizer after many miles with many still left to do. Easy to throw in your backpack and eat anywhere! Just drink two glasses of water with it.


The bars kept me full and energized for many hours. I was even starting to feel before I finished the bar. Check out Core Foods for easy meals on the go! I plan to buy more for when I am running late for work and have no time to eat something at home.

What's your favorite meal on the go? Have you tried Core Foods? 

This blog received no payment or other compensation for reviews of products or services.

No comments:

Post a Comment