Sunday, May 26, 2013

SJR Discount and streaking!

The moment is here when I get to share with you the code to save 10% of the See Jane Run Women's Half Marathon & 5k! I can not wait for this race! After the Race to Robie Creek, I waited in line 30 minutes and didn't get the after-race-massage that I was looking forward to. My ride was leaving so I had the choice of getting the massage and then waiting forever in line for the bus to take me back to town or jumping in the van at that moment and not waiting in any more lines. I choose no more lines. After the SJR Half I am looking forward to getting a massage while eating chocolate while sipping champagne. Yep that is my kind of race! Less than a month away so remember to sign up! Don't forget to use the 10% off code: SJRBOISEAMB13

Note: This code is for the Boise race only, if you would like a 10% off code for one of the other SJR races let me know!

In addition to training for my next Half, I'm going streaking! No it's not what you think, get your mind out of the gutter. I am planning to do the Runner's World streaking challenge. It is from Memorial Day to Independence Day and the rules are simple. Just run at least one mile every day during that time. I have tried to streak before and didn't make it that long, but only one mile every day sounds doable. Make sure you report your miles using #RWRUNSTREAK. Check out all the FAQ's here!


Will you join me in this streak? We can help keep each other accountable!

On June 8th I will be participating In the Meridian 5th Annual Poop Scoot. It is a 3k or 5k that is put on by the Meridian Public Works Department. The race starts at 8:30 when the Public Works Department will drop a tennis ball in the sewer system and we are trying to get to the finish line of the race before the tennis ball. I have no idea how fast the tennis ball will travel so it will be a fun surprise if I do beat the tennis ball. The cost for the race is a few nonperishable cans of food that get donated to the Meridian Food Bank. You can also buy a shirt for $10. It's a free race with a great cause so consider signing up! 


3 comments:

  1. I want to do the streak but Dr said no running. Ugh. I may cheat and walk the next few days till I can run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When do you think you will be able to run again? It is so hard being injured and not running. That seems like the times I want to run the most!

      Delete
  2. sounds very adventurous!!

    ReplyDelete