Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Update and Review

Hooray! The computer gods were on my side and I was able to sign up for this year's Race to Robie Creek Half Marathon! As soon as 12:00:01pm hit I started signing up. Due to errors and slow processing time I finally got a confirmation at 12:11. My official time on my receipt was 12:04pm. Lots of people attempted to sign up just minutes after noon and didn't get in so I was lucky! I am so excited to be running my first half marathon with some of my good friends! Any running tips from experienced half marathoners?

I have a 10k on Saturday! The Les Bois 10k Train Run, it is suppose to be a challenging course with some hills. I am excited to run it but a little worried because my ankle has been giving me some problems lately. Judging by how it feels on my runs during this week will dictate if I run it.

The wonderful people at Vitacost sent me a box full of products to try. Just check out this variety (picture below). I received many high protein products, some organic season salt, and laundry soap.


My favorite was this super yummy Promax Fit 'n Crisp Protein Snack Cinnamon Crunch. It was basically like a cinnamon rice crispy treat. Seriously it was way too good to be called healthy.


Another favorite was these Pretzels Sticks. They are covered in cinnamon, all natural ingredients and gluten free even! My kids loved them!


The Kind bars were fantastic and perfect on the go snack. I preferred the coconut and almond bar but that is because I have a serious obsession with coconut. The cranberry and almond was good too. In reality there is not a Kind bar that isn't fantastic!

Do you have any races that you are running this weekend or training for? 


This blog received no payment or other compensation for reviews of products or services.




2 comments:

  1. That looks like good stuff. So you have had good experiences dealing with Vitacost?

    ReplyDelete