Thursday, September 27, 2012

First 5k...DONE!!!!

I was incredibly nervous about my first 5k. I have been training for this moment since February but it was still nerve racking. I was terrified it was going to be super small race and I was going to choke and come in last place. Thankfully the race went way better than I expected. My friend and I were passing people left and right. It was very exciting passing people. I have never ran with anyone else before so doing it in a race setting was also nerve racking. I have another 5k this Sunday which I am very excited about. Then another at the end of October. I am proud of myself for challenging myself and learning to run and enjoy it. I can't wait to continue my training for a 10k and after that my half marathon is Disneyland! I decided I want my very first half marathon to be in Disneyland so I have over a year to train for that. I am thrilled to continue gaining distance and improving my time. Also found out a friend who has been running for a few years wants to do the half marathon with me. I have a group of eight that are talking about doing the half marathon in Disneyland. Out of those eight only three currently run regularly. I really hope that the whole eight will run and that hopefully this will encourage exercise in people that currently don't do that much. YAY running!!!

1 comment:

  1. My comment never got posted because I forgot to do the captcha :P

    I'm always happy to wrangle the kids and cheer you on along side them :)

    (Hooray for frolicking in color!)

    ReplyDelete