Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another Evening Run

Yesterday while my awesome husband was making dinner I went for a short run. It was only my second evening run ever but this one felt better than the first. I have two weeks exactly until my 5k so I need to keep up the evening runs so I won't die in the heat or the awkward running time for me. Tomorrow I plan to run in the morning (yay morning). I have to make sure I feel comfortable with the distance. After reviewing my running habits the last few weeks I discovered that I am slacking! The last few weeks I only get two runs in a week and sometimes only one. No wonder I haven't done well with adding additional miles on each run. I am trying to focus on making sure the 5k will be comfortable then I will start adding lots of miles. I have another 5k at the end of October but that one isn't timed and all about fun. So while I will still be running and trying to increase my milage that one doesn't seem stressful. It is amazing how actually signing up for a race will keep you motivated and actually get you out the door to train.

1 comment: