Tuesday, October 9, 2012

No exciting title

On Sunday I went on a run with my four year old daughter. She loves to go on runs. I love pretending like I know what I am talking about and teaching her the proper way to breath and also how to pace herself so she doesn't get burnt out from going too fast. She did 2 MILES!!! I am so proud of her. I hope that we are teaching her how to enjoy exercise and that she will continue to love running. Growing up I  didn't exercise with the family regularly so I really want to ingrain activity in my kids.

Today I did a scheduled run from my 5k-to-10k app. I was suppose to run 40 minutes. To be completely honest I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it. I didn't want to go on a run today and almost just did a 20 minute because it is easier. Well I ended up doing the full 40 minutes and feeling great. Truth is, I struggle with motivation and I will be doing great but then I get stuck at only doing 2 miles or 3 miles for a few weeks. I have trouble sometimes motivating myself to go past my comfort zone. That is one reason training apps really work for me. I don't have to motivate myself to run 4 miles, I just turn on my app and stop when it tells me.

Saturday is my first meeting with my new running group!!!! We will have a meeting then a short group run afterwards. I call a short run 2 miles but I wonder what they consider to be a short run. One of the girls just ran a marathon and the another 10k and there is another training for a half marathon. Let's hope this "short" run is actually some what short!!


No comments:

Post a Comment