Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Recap and 2014 Goals!

2013 was pretty good to me! My original goals when I started 2013 were to run 500 miles, run 13 races in 2013 and train for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon, which is only two weeks away. Some how I got talked into running one half marathon last April, one thing lead to another and I ended the year running three half marathons. I reached my 500 mile goal on a cold December's day. I would have reached it earlier but I got lazy and didn't run at all in October.

I just ran my 500th mile of 2013
On December 28th I ran my 13th race of 2013 at the Hot Chocolate Run. I ran the 10k with two of my friends. It was cold and a super icy course but once we were able to feel our toes, it was great fun. I volunteered at the race that morning with check-in until 10 minutes before it was my turn to run. If you have never volunteered at a race then I highly recommend you do it! Volunteering is always good for the soul but to volunteer at a race gives you a higher appreciation for volunteers and crew at future races and it's good race karma. Final Kick Events (the people who put on some of my favorite races) has a great volunteer program where if you volunteer at one of their races then you get a free entry to a future race. You can't beat free races and race karma!  

One of my favorite races of the year was the Idaho Wine Run, this was the second year in which I have ran it. This year my time from the 10k helped me secure my spot in Coral A for my disney race. Coral A is right behind the Elite runners!! I'm still on cloud nine over it. 

For 2014, my goals are very similar but slightly bigger. I plan to run 1000 miles, run my first full marathon (maybe two), run a relay race and run 14 races in 2014. Some of the races that I have my eye on are:
Tinker Bell Half Marathon - Jan 19
Run 4 Luv - Feb 8
Shamrock Shuffle Half Marathon - March 15
Race to Robie Creek - April 19
Race for the Cure - May 10
Famous Potato Marathon - May 17
Tutu Run - June 7
Sawtooth Relay - June 14
Let Freedom Run - July 4
Bogus Marathon - August 2
Dirty Dash - August 9
Fit One Half Marathon - September 20
Idaho Wine Run - September 28
Orange and Blue Run - October 18
The Color Run

Thankfully I have been blessed with a friend just as crazy as me so we will be training together for our marathons, running most of our races together and crossing off lots of those miles together.

What goals do you have for 2014? Do you have any awesome running buddies? 


No comments:

Post a Comment