Friday, July 27, 2012

Sunburns and PR's

Last Sunday me and my hubs went on a hike. It was 102 degrees out and even though I put on some sunscreen after a mile or two, it was too little, too late. I looked like a lobster!! Trying to run while your skin is on fire and hurts is hard! I went on a run earlier this week and only lasted a mile before deciding to walk. Finally my sunburn is feeling almost completely better so I decided to do a two mile run this morning. Lately it seems like my times aren't very good. Which is very discouraging but I am still getting out there so the fact that I run slow isn't the end of the world. However today was different! Normally I can run a mile with a time I am happy with (not great but happy with) but today I did two miles with a time I would have been proud of for just a mile! Not sure why the sudden change of time, I didn't feel like I ran any harder, but I am happy with it.

My sister is coming to visit me in 20 days, YAY!! I am going to make her run with me. I will start her on Day 1 of the Couch-to-5k program which might seem boring to me but I can't wait to be able to run with someone!! Since starting to run in February I haven't ran with anyone so can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment